Key features of Student Book 10:
• New texts with engaging and interesting content and illustrations
• Student-friendly, attractive, and well laid out presentation
• Under the various icons throughout, students are given clear and practical guidance on every aspect of language proficiency
• Exemplar work from across the ability range demonstrates salient features, strengths, and weaknesses for students to assess, compare, discuss, and learn from
• Opportunities for students to assess their own work or a partner’s with guidance for assessment
• Two complete suites of sample papers with exemplar responses, teachers comments, advice, guidance, and tasks for students, with guidance and independently
• Practice, student tasks, guidance, advice, and exemplar work on Creative and Directed Writing, Comprehension, and Summary Writing
The accompanying Combined Teaching Guide for Oxford Progressive English 9 and 10 has also been revised and provides valuable reinforcement for all these skills with extended topics and tasks especially designed for O Level students for whom English is a second language.
Rachel Redford has extensive experience in English Language teaching. She is the author of Oxford Progressive English Books 6, 7, 8 as well as the secondary series Oxford English: An international approach.