Oxford Progressive English 9 and Oxford Progressive English 10, Third Edition, comprising a two-volume course for O Level, have been revised in accordance with the changes in the latest Cambridge O Level English Language syllabus 1123/1, 2. The books introduce students to every aspect of the Cambridge O Level English Language course and aim to enhance their language skills and proficiency besides preparing them for the examinations. Oxford Progressive English 9 and 10 follow the secondary series Oxford Progressive English 6, 7, and 8. However, they stand alone and are not dependent on the study of Oxford Progressive English 6, 7, and 8.
Key features of Student Book 10:
• New texts with engaging and interesting content and illustrations
• Student-friendly, attractive, and well laid out presentation
• Under the various icons throughout, students are given clear and practical guidance on every aspect of language proficiency
• Exemplar work from across the ability range demonstrates salient features, strengths, and weaknesses for students to assess, compare, discuss, and learn from
• Opportunities for students to assess their own work or a partner’s with guidance for assessment
• Two complete suites of sample papers with exemplar responses, teachers comments, advice, guidance, and tasks for students, with guidance and independently
• Practice, student tasks, guidance, advice, and exemplar work on Creative and Directed Writing, Comprehension, and Summary Writing
The accompanying Combined Teaching Guide for Oxford Progressive English 9 and 10 has also been revised and provides valuable reinforcement for all these skills with extended topics and tasks especially designed for O Level students for whom English is a second language.