Open Door English is a lively, carefully-graded course for children in English-medium schools. It opens a door to the skills and attitudes necessary for life in the 21st century.
- Each teaching unit begins with a stimulating reading text in a variety of fiction, non-fiction, and poetry genres.
- Examples of target vocabulary and grammar are contextualised in the reading texts.
- Related spelling, vocabulary, grammar, and punctuation exercises are progressively graded.
- ‘Wise owl’ boxes teach the rules in simple, child-friendly language.
- Related speaking and listening tasks ensure that children can communicate effectively through English.
- The audio-recording on My E-Mate provides a correct model of pronunciation for all texts, spellings, and listening tasks.
- All the learning of a unit comes together in the composition task, which supports individual expression with clear writing frames.
- Every unit fosters curiosity, critical thinking, responsibility, co-operation, and creativity.
- Every fifth unit revises all the skills taught in the previous four units.
Components for each level
- Textbook with reading texts, language, and composition work
- Workbook with handwriting and consolidation of the Textbook
- Teaching Guide including photo-copiable revision tests
- My E-Mate audio-recordings to be used in class and at home
- My E-Mate interactive exercises for online practice