Nelson English International is a structured English course which has been specifically developed to meet the requirements of international students.
The course teaches the skills and craft of quality writing and provides an 8-year programme of study. There are 3 components at each level: Students’ Books, Studentsí Workbooks and Teachersí Resource Books. Emphasis throughout the course is placed on the teaching of key skills: grammar, comprehension, punctuation, spelling and vocabulary.
There is one Student Book per level, each providing the necessary coverage of skills and a gradual but progressive development of the studentsí writing skills.
- Different forms of writing such as stories, letters, instructions, diaries and leaflets are included
- Textbooks are divided into a number of units, which should provide enough work for approximately two weeks
Teachers’ Resource Books
The Teacherís Resource Book at each level is the ideal companion to the studentsí material.
- Offers excellent support for teachers
- Notes to aid planning and scheme throughout primary education
- Shows how the course provides an underpinning structure to the teaching of English
- Focuses particularly on the knowledge, skills, and understanding of writing, while giving ample opportunity for reading, listening and speaking
- Opportunities are constantly offered for reinforcement and revision
There is one Student Workbook for each level.
- A wide selection of exercises, including puzzles and word games
- Tests studentsí understanding of the key skill areas